Saturday, December 4, 2010

More Rizzi Inspired Art…

This is a simple lesson I taught to my 1st graders. I only spent one 50 min. class on this project. In retrospect, I would have taken two days. I think the results would have been better.

Step 1: We looked at pictures of James Rizzi’s silly buildings (as I call them)

Step 2: Each chose a colored piece of paper and cut it into an interesting building shape. Some students made a pop out door. They glued their building on a 9x12 piece of black paper.

Step 3: We added details using construction paper crayons (I first demonstrate how these crayons work on black paper compared to regular crayons. The kids are always amazed.)

Step 4: Lastly, I gave the students sequence and foam shapes to add to their buildings.

100_3852

100_3847

2 comments:

  1. I love your new blog background! Looks great! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made these 3-D by adding the foam shapes. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...